The War File
About This Dvd. Buy Dvd War Dvds Advertise Search Site
British Fighter Aircraft Of World War II (2004)
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
- Format: Box set, PAL
- Language: English
- Region: All Regions
- Number of discs: 3
- Classification: Exempt
- Studio: Pegasus
- DVD Release Date: 23 Sep 2004
- Run Time: 175 minutes
- DISC 1 - THE STORY OF THE SPITFIRE Mount of Battle of Britain aces like South African AG 'Sailor' Malan and Johnnie Johnson, the Supermarine Spitfire's deadly duels over Southern England with the Luftwaffe's Messerschmitt Bf 109 helped turn the course of war in the Allies' favour. The classic combination of airframe, Rolls Royce Merlin engine and dual cannon/machine gun armament struck terror into the hearts of the enemy's most fearless flyers and won the type a place in history as a timeless thoroughbred fighter. The spitfire fought in the front line throughout the war, and rightly remains an aviation legend today. Combining dramatic wartime film with colour footage of surviving Spitfires in flight, this is the definitive documentary of a thoroughbred fighter.
- DISC 2 - THE STORY OF THE HURRICANE It's eight wing - mounted Colt - Brownings spitting flame, the Hawker Hurricane swooped to despatch over two - thirds of all enemy aircraft destroyed in the Battle of Britain. Courageous squadron commander Douglas Bader, 14 - kill hero 'Cobber Kain, Ginger Kacey - the top Battle of Britain ace with 18 victims - and many other RAF pilots owed their reputations and their lives to this toughest mount of all. The Hurricane was outnumbered but never outclassed, designed to hit the enemy hard, absorb tremendous punishment, yet live to fight another day. Featuring colour footage of the last surviving aircraft alongside original combat film, this is the definitive documentary of a fighter plane that truly changed the course of history.
- DISC 3 - DE HAVILLAND MOSQUITO In 1941 the RAF was being pressed to fill new and ever more demanding roles in the war against Hitler. Although first-class modern fighters, Hurricanes and Spitfires, were in abundant supply, the Air Chiefs had a serious problem with the Bomber force. This uncomfortable gap was filled by a revolutionary fighter bomber, one of the most original and versatile designs of the entire war - the de Havilland Mosquito.
UK Sterling (new)
(includes UK postage & packaging)
To reserve this item please e-mail by clicking here and include country ordering from. I will then get back to you within 24 hours with availability, price including postage and methods of payment (paypal, cheque, which is preferred, po etc.).
- Also available: amazon.co.uk
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd War Dvds Advertise Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports