Cedric Morris briefly trained at the Academie Delacluse in Paris just before the First World War, and was in Paris again studying once his military service was completed.
He travelled extensively during the 1920s.
He was co-founder of the East Anglian School of Painting and Drawing at Dedham in Norfolk. Morris and Lett-Haines took over the lease on The Pound, Higham, Suffolk, in 1929, and acquired the freehold in 1932 and they created one of Morris' most accomplished gardens. A number of artists stayed there, including Francis Hodgkins, Barbara Hepworth and John Skeaping and their costumed parties were legendary. They remained there until 1940 when, after the fire at the Dedham Art School, they moved to Benton End.
Morris succeeded his father as the 9th Baronet Morris in 1947.
In 1950 he became a lecturer at the Royal College of Art.
Famous for his flower paintings and landscapes.
//INDEX// //SEARCH THIS SITE//
//TOP OF PAGE//
© 2006 by the appropriate owners of the included material