- CLOSE, Chuck
born 1940 Monroe (WA)
- 1958-1962: Studied at the University .
- 1962-1964: Studied at Yale University in New Haven.
- 1964/65: Studied at the Academy of Fine Arts in Vienna.
- 1967: Lectureship at the School of Visual Artsin New York and at New York University.
- 1970: Started colour as well as black and white paintings, superimposing layers of primary colours to imitate commercial printing techniques.
- 1972 & 1977: Participated in documenta 5 and 6 in Kassel.
- 1979: Started painting over and manipulating enlarged polaroid photographs, and later used papier-mache collages to produce screen images.
- 1980: Retrospective in Minneapolis. Close is one of the most important representatives of American Superrealism and Photorealism. As demonstration material for his full size portraits, he uses self-made passport photos.
Click Here to Buy Art Prints!
//INDEX// //SEARCH THIS SITE//