About This Dvd. Buy Dvd Movie Review Gallery Film Posters Gregory Peck Search Site
Moby Dick (1956)
D V D
We are based in South London near Croydon, UK, and if preferred this item can be picked up by appointment. Just e-mail here. I also welcome the old fashioned cheque and po as it is cheaper to process and all orders are sent off same day as cheque received.
March 2014: Last few Moby Dick Official UK Dvds in stock @ £9.99 including worldwide postage. Buying details here.
June 2011: Scans of the Dvd have been added here.
- Actors: Gregory Peck, Richard Basehart, Leo Genn, James Robertson Justice, Harry Andrews
- Directors: John Huston
- Writers: John Huston, Herman Melville, Norman Corwin, Ray Bradbury
- Producers: John Huston, Jack Clayton, Lee Katz
- Format: PAL
- Language: English
- Region: 2 (UK & Europe)
- Aspect Ratio: 1.33:1
- Number of discs: 1
- Classification: PG
- Studio: Optimum Home Entertainment
- Cat. No.: OPTD0069
- DVD Release Date: 10 May 2004
- Run Time: 110 minutes
Acclaimed director John Huston's (The African Queen, The
Maltese Falcon, Key Largo) authorative, masterly version
of Herman Melville's fabled novel is cinema at it most spectacular
- Intelligently adapted by novelist Ray Bradbury, Moby Dick draws upon the narration of the surviving shipmate of a terrible tradegy to tell the classic tale of Captain Ahab's (Gregory Peck) obsessive hunt for the great white whale that has dictated his destiny ever since leaving him a peglegged cripple. In a perilous journey that will take Ahab and his crew to the ends of the earth, no sacrifice is too great in Ahab's thirst for bloody revenge.
Stunningly shot and impressively staged - Moby Dick is an exciting, epic work bolstered by first-rate performances (as Fathe Mapple Orson Welles delivers a charismatic, show-stopping cameo) and Huston's audacious vision.
Consumed by an unquenchable rage, Captain Ahab (Gregory Peck) has but one purpose; revenge on Moby Dick, the great white whale who maimed and disfigured him. The obsessed skipper of a whaling boat, Ahab uses his command as an excuse to sail the seven seas in an unrelenting search of his prey. Battling a mutinous crew, tropical heat and violent storms, Ahab finally catches up to his quarry and begins a confrontation that culminates in an epic struggle of non-stop fury...and inevitable doom. This spectacular retelling of the Herman Melville classic, masterfully directed by John Huston, is unsurpassed in entertainment, imagination and high adventure!
G A L L E R Y
F I L M P O S T E R S
£9.99 (UK Sterling) (UK Delivery Only)
This Dvd probaly won't work on Dvd players from outside the UK and Europe. If you are outside the UK & Europe (no subtitles) please e-mail before ordering to confirm that you know you can play this Dvd.
March 14: 2 left in stock
Payment can also be made to Lenin Imports by cheque, po, money order, cash by registered mail. Please enclose title of item ordering and return address.
5 High Street
E-mail to reserve this item if paying by cheque.
- Also available: amazon.co.uk
- Also available: Million Pound Note
Currently in Stock. About Dvd Buy Dvd Gregory Peck Advertise Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports