M. C. Escher
About This Print. Buy Print Print Review Biog./Gallery Prints Art Store Search Site
A R T P R I N T
Read below about all the benefits on buying a M. C. Escher print.
- Image Size: 55 x 61 cm (without border: 43 x 53 cm)
- Type: Art Print
- Signed/Unsigned: Unsigned
This high-quality art print is expertly produced to capture the vivid color and exceptional detail of the original.
- M.C. Escher's mind-bending prints and drawings playfully explore perspective, mirror images and physical space. Two of his best-known prints, Relativity (1953) and Ascending and Descending (1960), feature staircases which seem to defy gravity and run in impossible directions. His most popular work may be Hand With Reflecting Sphere (1935), an image of himself as seen in a globe held in his outstretched hand.
Escher also is known for his tessellations -- mosaics of repetitive designs in which positive and negative images interconnect and sometimes blend into one another. Though Escher was not trained in maths, his work has been embraced by mathematicians who see his drawings as artistic depictions of geometric principles.
- Source: The Penguin Dictionary of Art and Artists (Penguin Reference Books)
- Allposters have this and other M. C. Escher prints in stock. For more details click the link below.
55 x 61 cm (without border: 43 x 53 cm).
- Available: Allposters.co.uk
Currently in Stock. Buy Print
Print Review Biog./Gallery Prints Art Store Search Site
Top of Page
© Lenin Imports